Skip to main content
- The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the Government) is concerned to ensure that all personal data submitted through this Hong Kong Smart City Portal (the Portal) is handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- The Government will record visits to the Portal without collecting any personal identifiable information of users. Such general information is only collected for the compilation of statistical reports and the diagnosis of problems with concerning computer systems to help improving the Portal.
- For different purposes and at different times you may be invited to provide personal data to the Government through the Portal on a voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, telephone number, mailing address or email address. The Government will specify the collection purpose and intended usage of your data when it invites you to provide such information and advise you how you may request access to or make correction of the personal data provided.
- Unless permitted or required by law, the Government will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without your prior consent.
- The Portal uses SSL protocol to encrypt data during network transmission to protect your personal data. All personal data you provide to the Government via the Portal is secured, and access to it is restricted to authorised personnel only.